Senior Pastor Job Description – Spears Creek Baptist Church
Seeking a Senior Pastor. Position is a full time regular salaried position to replace our retiring Pastor.
- Evidence of God’s call observed in the areas of salvation, discipleship, and ministry
- The Pastor shall meet the New Testament requirements for office as listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Ordination to the Gospel Ministry
- Prefer: Master of Divinity from an accredited evangelical seminary
- A commitment to the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message
As spiritual leader and overseer of the congregation the Pastor will lead the church to function as a New Testament church. The Pastor shall lead the congregation, the organizations, and the church staff to perform their tasks in alignment with the ultimate goals of the New Testament church.
The Pastor will accept and strive to fulfill the responsibilities listed below. The Pastor will, with devotion, godliness, gentleness, and humility:
- Preach and share the gospel of Jesus Christ and lead the church to share His gospel with the community and world
- Minister to the congregation at all regular and appointed times of service preaching and nourishing the flock on the word of faith and with sound doctrine. (Acts 20:28, 1 Peter 5:2, 1 Tim. 2:1, Acts 6:4)
- Lead in administering the Church ordinances. (Matthew 29:15-20)
- Serve the Congregation along with the Deacons.
- Identify and address false doctrines as needed. (1 Tim. 4:1,6)
- Devote himself to prayer and ministry of the Word. (1. Tim 2:1, Acts 6:4)
- Discipline himself, pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, perseverance, gentleness, and humility. (1 Tim. 6:11-12)
- Shepherd the flock of God, exercising oversight, not for sordid gain, but with eagerness prove to be an example to the flock. (1 Tim. 3:2-3)
- Provide directly, and, through staff, deacons and others, caring biblical ministry to families and individuals in the church and community in times of need as appropriate and possible.
- Through effective leadership communicate and consult with the Deacons, administrative leadership, and staff of the church programs.
- Conduct weddings and funerals as requested according to availability and as willing, according to conviction.
- Counsel and encourage the deacons as servant-leaders in the fulfillment of their biblical responsibilities;
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to receive resumes January 31, 2023