201 E 6th St
Rincon, GA 31326
- The Student Pastor is responsible for leading our church’s ministry to middle school, high school, and college students with the goal of helping every student take their next step of faith toward becoming a mature follower of Christ.
- The Student Pastor will work to create the best opportunities possible for our students to worship, connect, serve, grow, and multiply.
- The Student Pastor will be a full-time, salaried member of our church’s pastoral staff.
- The Student Pastor will work under the supervision of our Lead Pastor in cooperation with our Personnel Team.
- The Student Pastor’s salary range is $55,000 to $75,000, depending on the candidate’s experience and education.
Student Ministry Responsibilities
- Develop a comprehensive student ministry for middle school and high school students.
- Lead our student worship services, oversee student small group opportunities, and promote an active student ministry calendar.
- Provide special events for discipleship and fellowship such as summer/winter trips and Disciple Now Weekends. These larger events should take place roughly 3-4 times per year. Smaller events promoting fun and edifying activities should be scheduled approximately once a month during months in which a larger event is not already taking place.
- Provide leadership to staff and volunteers in all ministries to middle school, high school, and college students.
- Build rapport with and provide support to our students’ families.
- Maintain a supportive presence on our local middle and high school campuses.
- Coordinate with Kidz Min Director to promote continuity between children and student ministries.
- Minister to our college students.
- Develop and manage budget for student ministries.
Pastoral Staff Responsibilities
- Help share in the pastoral care needs of the church, providing such functions as counseling, visitation, and potentially even performing weddings and funerals.
- Be a highly visible, welcoming, and friendly presence at all public church gatherings.
- Help plan, evaluate, and occasionally preach in our Sunday services.
- Collaborate with church staff and volunteers to bring value to our church, with a strong commitment to help every ministry in the church fulfill its purpose.
- Be supportive of our Lead Pastor.
Qualifications & Expectations
- Exemplary Christian character.
- Good Bible teacher to students.
- Experience working in student ministry.
- Bachelor’s degree in ministry-related field or seminary degree.
- Comfortable using technology and social media for ministry purposes.
- Ability to preach on occasion in our main Sunday services.
- Affirm the church’s doctrinal statement—the Baptist Faith and Message (2000).
How to Win at this Job
- Be a great example of Christian character to our students.
- Be passionate about student ministry and an effective communicator to teens.
- Be a good team player who works well with our students’ parents, student ministry volunteers, and our church staff.
- FBC Rincon is a growing church in a growing community. We exist to help people take their next steps of faith and provide them with opportunities to worship, connect, serve, grow, and multiply.
- We currently average 600 people in our Sunday morning services. We had over 1,200 in attendance for our Easter services 2023. We have lots of guests each weekend, especially young families. Our monthly Next Steps class for people interested in learning more about our church averages 15-20 in attendance. We baptized 20 people so far in 2023, and another 10 have joined our church by way of moving their membership or making a statement of faith.
- In order to keep up with the growth of our church and community, we are currently adding members to our pastoral staff and are in the initial stages of a building campaign.
- We are in the heart of one of Georgia’s fastest growing areas, Effingham County. We are a suburb of Savannah, GA, located just 15-20 miles outside the city limits. Our community has something of a small-town feel, but with the added excitement of lots of new people and industry, as well as all the amenities of living within a 30-minute drive to everything from historic, downtown Savannah, to the shopping and restaurants of Pooler, to the sights and sounds of coastal Georgia, and nearby beaches such as Tybee Island and Hilton Head, SC.
- Here is a video introduction from our Lead Pastor: https://youtu.be/L_jyCU1pxMc
- Here is a video highlight from a recent Student Ministry DNOW: https://youtu.be/R-XfMh2gUAA
How to Apply for this Job
Email a cover letter and your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary55,000.00 - 75,000.00 Annual